Many stores have strict requirements for audio and cover art uploads. If you are getting an error message trying to upload your assets follow these simple steps to convert your files.
- jpg/jpeg filename
- 3000 x 3000 pixels, exact square
- Under 10mb filesize
How to check what size my image is? (Windows)
- In windows explorer, right click the image file, and click ‘Properties‘
- Click the ‘Details‘ tab and scroll down to Image headline to reveal Width & Height dimensions
If dimensions are under 3000×3000 pixels;
- Go to http://www.resizenow.com/
- Click ‘Select Pictures…‘ and upload your image
- In the ‘New Size‘ field, select ‘Custom‘
- Type in 3000 x 3000 (width x height) in the new size fields
- Click resize, and download the new file after it has processed.
- Open the file to check that the resize has not pixelated or blurred the image too much.
- Upload the image as your cover art in the Create Your Release page
For more advanced image resizing and editing features, try Pixlr – http://pixlr.com/editor
- File extension – .WAV (uncompressed audio)
- Stereo, minimum 16-bit resolution, 44.1kHz sample rate
- Under 250mb file size
- GYROstream accepts WAV files in higher resolution – eg. 24bit MFiT (Mastered for iTunes)
Using iTunes (download here);
- Open iTunes Application, from the menu click ‘Edit‘ + ‘Preferences‘
- Click Import Settings and choose WAV Encoder. Leave setting as Automatic.
- Click OK twice to go back to main iTunes player
- Click on ‘Songs‘ on the left menu tree. Drag your audio files from Explorer into the main iTunes window
- In the iTunes window, highlight all the songs you want to convert
- Click ‘File‘ from the main menu, then click ‘Convert’ + ‘Create WAV Version‘
- The selected tracks will convert to .WAV format and will save in the iTunes Music folder
- Right-Click one of the new converted tracks and click ‘Show in Windows Explorer‘ to find the converted tracks
- Upload new converted tracks to GYROstream!
Using an Online Converter – https://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-wav
- Select ‘Choose File‘ to upload your audio file, or import the file from Dropbox or Google Drive
- Select Bit Resolution = 16bit
- Select Sampling Rate = 44100 Hz
- Select Audio Channels = Stereo
- Leave other options unchanged and select ‘Convert File‘
- File will convert and download automatically (check your downloads folder!)